Thursday, February 14, 2013

Decluttering & slowing life down

Hello again. I have not been able to write for the past week so I wanted to catch up on some things that's been going on in our household in order to slow our life down & fully focus on the blessings of our Lord.

I shared with you back on Feb. 4th, that I wanted to slow our busy hectic life down so here are some things that really are helping us so far:
1- We have turned our satellite service OFF! Which we do not miss at all! :)
     Our evenings now consist of focusing on our family time & God! We eat dinner together & then share stories about our day with each other. We added a prayer time in which we share things that we need help praying for. Examples: The 1st night I asked my kids & my husband to help me pray for my temper & speaking out in anger. My husband asked us to help him pray about him not reasoning out Gods plan but just fully trusting God with decisions & his word. My oldest son wanted us all to pray that he starts making better decisions, my step-son had the same request. My daughter requested that we help her pray for her temper & my youngest son needed help to control his rude comments to others (sister & brothers). We then go to our secret prayer spot & spend time alone with God. Seeking each others struggles & needs. It has started to draw us closer to each other as a family. :)
2-  Decluttered closets, drawers & personal belongings in rooms.
     God wants us to focus on him not things of this world. As we become closer to him we understand Gods desire even more. Our sole purpose of this life is to witness & grow in the Lord. By decluttering, we clear up space, time, energy & money. Which allows us to interact with God more. When we get frustrated because we cant find something, cant decide on what to wear because of to many choices, spend to much time getting ready because of the clutter & waste money buying unnecessary items whether we want to admit it or not this effects our relationship with God.
I want to continue making more room for God in my life! He is so worthy of our time. Think about how much time you spend preparing for your day. Think about all the unnecessary items you have in your home. Can you make more room for God?
I pray right now that you feel lead to start decluttering your life & allow more time to be consumed with God.  May God bless you :) Love in Christ Jesus

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by Veronica. I hope you enjoyed my post. I look forward to learning more about you through The Mom Bloggers Club. May God bless you.

    ReplyDelete